Throughout editing videos, screencast, making a podcast, using canva, using twine, reviewing copyright.

Looking back on the tools touched upon in 336 there I realized I have been equipped with many basic skill relating to technology such as: editing video, screen-casting, recording a podcast, creating graphic images with Canva, and storyboarding with twine. Something unexpected that I’ve learned and now appreciate is that though the use of these tools can help me produce a document individually knowing of their existence provides far more benefit. When creating diagrams and lesson plans or even brainstorming what a lesson could look like I now have an understanding of what is feasible and this is the greatest takeaway or tool. This is even more useful outside of my teachable area as within the sciences I am familiar with making graphs and diagrams but having the ability to make a brochure or storyboard can help if I ever find myself in an English or non-science classroom. Having the ability to screencast (which would probably take a refresher given that I would start teaching in over a year from now), makes a big difference in the world of teaching chemistry, specifically the upper level and more abstract concepts where students may be more encouraged to study on their own. I also now have the ability to encourage students to use pieces of technology for their assignments, being aware of the tools students could use allows them to develop skills that are becoming more and more relevant for being able to engage within society. The surprising takeaway of the usefulness of the awareness, and the ability to empower students with the same technology that I’ve learned is the biggest takeaway I’ve had.

With some extra practice and previous knowledge I was able to produce a video for another class in which I was able to introduce myself.

https://vimeo.com/619412147/07810d0c9f?fbclid=IwAR3J-g8vnr3cLBIx1105VijuTCG3OPQVrErUsbLuKO1D0LRkVa2TwFeencs